Our core belief is that by serving the whole business, the entire community prospers economically and holistically.
The work of Our Village United is grounded in a theory of change that focuses on building strong, resilient communities through the delivery of culturally-competent training and business solutions.
We support the growth of Black solopreneurs and microbusinesses by delivering targeted technical assistance and shared professional services that empower business owners to grow their operations and scale their businesses. Dedicated to serving the whole business, we not only focus on the health of the business, but also the health of the business owner by partnering with licensed wellness coaches and mental health practitioners to serve as mentors to small businesses. Our core belief is that by serving the whole business, the entire community prospers economically and holistically.
Meet The Team
Dr. Lakeysha Hallmon
Dr. Key is our visionary! Bringing big vision and execution!
M. Cole Jones
M. Cole is the heavy-weight small biz champion equipped with the entrepreneurial experience and passion necessary to coach each solopreneur to elevate, compete and win!
Dr. Joy Beckwith
In a culture that values results over rest and hustling over health, our Village recognizes that healthy people build healthy businesses, and I lead CEOs in balancing as they build to avoid detrimental entrepreneurial burnout.
I am a strategic thinker and I bring innovative ideas!
Raven is a hybrid visionary, uniting strategy, psychology, and creativity to elevate our village.
Ashley, a facilitator who is fully vested in the success of small businesses, brings cultural understanding, strong leadership skills, and excitement to each program.
Kris is one of the Small Business Champions. She brings truth, good energy, and technical/business knowledge.
Ranada is our data queen, and she ensures that we’re proactively collecting and analyzing what we need to understand, improve, and communicate our impact.
Najwa brings streamlined processes and emotionally intelligent problem-solving skills.
Join Our Team
Want to join our village? We’re looking for dedicated community-driven leaders to join our team of innovators and visionaries! See below current opportunities.
The main function of a Program Manager is to oversee Our Village United’s program funding, execution, contractor assignment, budget and goals from start to finish. In order to ensure that each program in their care is executed efficiently, Program Manager regularly perform a variety of tasks
- Coordinate the overall design of each program cycle including planning, developing, and implementing workshops and strategic initiatives.
- Recruit and coordinate workshop facilitators, including preparing facilitators for classes (e.g. secure handouts, learning materials, and attendee rosters, introducing faculty at workshops and post-workshop follow-up).
- Provide direct staff leadership on scheduling, marketing and outreach, workshop planning, registration and implementation, fee and expense processing, materials management, logistics and coordination, day of event set-up and clean-up.
- Oversee development and revision/streamlining of promotional materials and hard copy/online registration systems. Promote increased use of online registration system among workshop registrants.
The Small Business Champion’s main function is to provide high-quality coaching to small business owners to help them achieve success. You will be responsible for working one-on-one and in small groups with business founders to discuss progress toward their goals and provide feedback and encouragement as needed.
- Analyzing information related to a business’s performance in order to make strategic recommendations for improvement
- Developing and implementing coaching strategies to fit the individual needs of founders
- Conducting planning sessions with founders to help them set goals and develop strategies for achieving those goals
- Helping founders develop strategies for improving employee productivity, increasing sales, and boosting profits